A Summary of the Modern Activities of Demons and Fallen Angels
Chapter 7 – A Summary of the Modern Activities of Demons and Fallen Angels
Rev 12: 12,17 “For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.” So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.”
For the last 2000 years, a war has been actively waging on earth between Satan, and the fallen angels and demons under Satan, against Christians. Christians are those who “keep the commandments of God, and hold to the testimony of Jesus”. The apostles and early Christians understood this was the situation, and gave instructions for spiritual warfare.
Present Day Situation: A Summary of Modern Activities of Demons and Fallen Angels
Demons and Fallen Angels are responsible for a large number of supernatural and paranormal occurrences, and are behind many sinful activities.
Satan, other fallen angels, and demons are responsible for:
1. People having “real-feeling” dreams and/or waking visions of the future, which may partially come true, which may seem to be warnings, or may guide a person to do things, or may be totally neutral but unnerving.
(Besides manipulating time perception during false Vision attacks, fallen angels (or demons) seem to sometimes give limited knowledge of the future. Some people ask if fallen angels or demons can “see the future” or time travel. No,fallen angels and demons cannot time travel, but are bound by time like all other created creatures. (See appendix for how the abilities of fallen angels correspond with modern scientific theories, including both biblical and scientific explanation on the impossibility of time travel, even for fallen angels.) What fallen angels do when they seem to share information about the future is to make intelligent knowledgeable extrapolations from the present. Fallen angels have several advantages at their disposal with which they do this:
1. They have a much better scientific understanding with which to tell how the present will play out into the future in nature, and a much higher awareness of everything that is going on in the present both in nature and among people.
2. As Satan is the prince of this world, they have power and can make things happen, orchestrating them, even planning things out hundreds of years beforehand, and simply tell people their plans beforehand. They don’t see the future, they influence the future.
3. They also have many people under their influence, and also use this power to influence people to do things; orchestrating events.
For instance, I once saw a woman on TV who had a dream about a plane exploding before it happened, with details about a week beforehand, and the explosion was caused by a faulty part. In this case, a fallen angel with a better understanding of science, could have been aware the faulty part would fail after a certain number of more flights, and told her beforehand. This understanding about the future is a matter of extrapolation, same as a human does about things, and not “seeing the future”.)
A lso, people feeling they knew someone in a “past life”, telepathic knowledge related to a “past life”, a dream of a “past life”, no matter how “real” it feels, even dreams of a “past life” which people assume must be memories because of how real the dreams feel, etc.
Also false “memories” of this life. A person can receive sortof telepathic communication into their mind, in the present, which feel like they are real memories, but are in fact false memories of events that never took place in any way (not even in a Vision). A person feels like they are remembering something, when they actually are receiving a sortof telepathic communication in the present tense, as they feel they are “remembering” the event. This is a communication from a fallen angel, or demon, that feels like it’s a memory but is not a real memory at all. This can include “screensaver memories” found in the alien abduction and Milab phenomena. People are especially prone to this during hypnotic or trance states, but it happens without such a state as well.
2. Any telepathic, telekinetic, pyrokinetic, or psychic phenomena or powers that a person seems to have, from small to large occurrences (Human beings have no supernatural powers of their own at all.) This includes all magical powers, from using “earth” energy, “Spiritual” energy, “Chi” energy, reading auras or energy of people or things, also Karmic balancing, threefold Wiccan returning, or Taoist powers, etc. Fallen angels or demons do all the supernatural work involved, but deceive people into thinking they are doing it themselves.
3. A person having a False Vision caused by a fallen angel. Visions can seem real, but they are spiritual experiences, that are not in sync with the rest of the world. (See previous chapter on abilities of fallen angels.) It is possible to get cuts or bruises while experiencing a Vision, and to be given objects that you still have after the Vision is over. To the person experiencing it, a Vision seems to happen in a normal flow of time, in the real world, and can be Completely Real-seeming to all of the bodily senses. Many of what is classified today as “Schizophrenic Hallucinations” are attributable to fallen angel Visions, of a particularly cruel sort, customized to the attacked individual.
False Visions are possible in which time seems to have been manipulated, for instance a space of time seems to be repeated. The clock seems to effectively rewind, or jump forward, in a way that doesn’t add up. This is a subjective experience limited to the victim(s). Some people refer to these sorts of experiences as “time-slips” or “time-shifts”.
False Visions of ghosts, including having ghosts interact with you or others, even if the ghost is a dead relative, friend, or dead pet. Even if other people have seen the same ghost, with you or not, it is still a fallen angel False Vision- even if you see it in a house that has been known to be haunted for 100 years. Remember, Satan and other fallen angels have been here since the time of Adam, and are very old, a hundred year haunting is only a short time to them. Just as it is possible to be given objects during an Vision, which remain with a person afterwards, it is also Sometimes possible to videotape, audiotape, etc. things you see that are Visions, and this includes the audiotapes and all types of pictures of ghosts. This part is a minor physical manifestation onto the recording device film/media, in combination with the Vision. Demons seem to be responsible for the “channeling” of the dead, or communication with them.
False Visions of strange glowing floating objects, sometimes shaped like orbs, netting, or any other kind of obviously paranormal object you might see, whether it appears to be alive, intelligent, or controlled somehow, or not. Just as it is possible to be given objects during an Vision, which remain with a person afterwards, it is also Sometimes possible to videotape, audiotape, etc. things you see that are Visions, and this includes the pictures and videotapes of Orbs and similar things.
False Visions that are more between a Vision and a dream, which may also be sexual in nature, like Incubus and Succubus experiences, or some sleep paralysis experiences.
False Visions of a mermaid, fairy, unicorn leprechaun, gnome, nymph, elf, and any magical creature you can think of, etc. including Visions of being abducted to another location by a fairy, elf, gin, etc. and seeing “fairy lights”. Though these events do not happen as much today, over the last 2000 years these were more popular forms of false Vision deceptions and attacks. But this form of attack has changed into a more updates modern day experience, of the same false Vision nature:
False Visions of an alien or a UFO, including an alien or a UFO interacting with you or alien abductions. Just as it is possible to be given objects during a Vision, which remain with a person afterwards, it is also Sometimes possible to videotape, audiotape, etc. things you see during a Vision, and this includes some of the taped footage of UFOs. As it is possible to get cuts or bruises while experiencing a Vision, physical damage to the body can occur with this sort of Vision; cuts, bruises, scars, external, or with women sometimes internal. People can be given objects that they still have after the Vision is over. Abduction scars which match known man-made stun guns have been reported, which can be imitated perfectly, and caused by a fallen angel during a Vision. Radiation burns caused by a fallen angel Vision of a UFO are also possible. Though I must note that not all UFOs are necessarily fallen angel Visions, nor are all injuries from such an encounter with a UFO necessarily caused by a fallen angel Vision. Some UFOs are likely top secret human aircraft, and over 90% are actually Mis-identifieds, not a paranormal case of fallen angelic Apparition, but just planes, satellites, planets, and such. Demons seem more responsible for the “channeling” of aliens, esp. among “contactees”.
False Visions of human-appearing strangers (Which could technically be a fallen angel manifesting physically, as many angels look like human men when physically manifested. But only just like human men, not women, not with wings; this is the Biblical teaching and description. Though Holy angels do physically manifest looking like human men on occasion.)
For instance, a person might seem to come out of nowhere, and say something to you that makes you feel morally confused about something good you just did, and then soon disappear back into nowhere, or other such confusing occurrences.
False Visions of people you know, like even family or a close friend- and you know this because your close friend later can’t remember your conversation with them or things you did together.
False Visions of people who look like people you know, but seem a little different. Like you see a friend from school somewhere, and they normally don’t have glasses, but now they do, and they tell you they have always worn glasses. You assume you must just not have noticed before. Later you see them at school and ask them where their glasses went, as they no longer have them, and they look confused and say they’ve never had glasses.
False Visions of strange weather behavior, that other people don’t remember who should be able to remember seeing it.
False Visions of strange places, like a small strange village of trailers surrounded by cornfields, in the middle of nowhere off of country back roads, a village on no map, no one has heard of in the area, that you drive by and see it, but cannot find it again. Or any place that is out of place in time, called “Space-time” shifts, might be included in this, and just generally any strange place that appears and then disappears. Something like in the movie Brigadoon, and multiple victims have been reported to experience this kind of Vision together as a group.
False Visions of anything strange or impossible seeming, like a cartoon gremlin talking to you through your TV, seeing monsters under your bed, etc. Anything strange and disturbing that just doesn’t seem real or possible.
False Visions of angels, “God”, the virgin Mary, or even “Jesus”, even if they interact with you. A person should be especially wary of anything they have encouraged one to do, as fallen angels are very likely behind this. Stigmata (cuts like Jesus had on his hands, feet, and side) might also appear on a person’s body, caused by fallen angels. Anything that is not the Holy Spirit Must be immediately suspect to be a fallen angel- even if a beautiful angel which seems Holy appears before someone. Actually Jesus warned of false prophets and miraculous signs that would deceive even believers, which in many cases is what fallen angels have been doing lately ( Matt 24:10-12, Mark 13:22-23 ) Mohammed received knowledge from a fallen angel that presented itself as a good and Holy angel, and Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormons had similar experiences. Reverend Moon of the Moonies claims Jesus spoke with him. Nothing can be quite as dangerous as believing a False Vision from a fallen angel, when the content is a “holy angel” (often with wings or female), “Jesus”, etc. This is how some cults get started.
4. An animal behaving in a really strange manner, being more friendly with you than normal, like a squirrel dancing with you, or an owl seeming to talk to you telepathically, or a spider or an insect acting strangely with you or seeming to communicate telepathically, or seeing animals or birds appear frequently that have some symbolic meaning to you. These might be Visions caused by fallen angels but are more likely caused by possessed animals with demons in them.
5. Feelings of deja vu, random feelings of disorientation, and feelings that you have lost time and are not sure where you have been. Feelings of “enlightenment”, having a “revelation”, having an “epiphany”, etc. especially when a person then has a strong desire to go out and immediately do something, especially out of the routine, esp. without thinking or praying about it first or testing it against the Bible.
6. When someone seems to control the weather, like causing a rainstorm or tornado, even a hail storm- whether they “cast a spell” to “cause” this, make a wish, pray to spirits or gods, or “visualize” it happening and it does. Also, when any sort of “spells” seem to work for people, whether they are spoken ones, or elaborate ritualistic ones, or are attributed to “positive visualization”.
7. A person hearing “nature”, pagan gods, spirits, trees, the wind, thunder, the sun, the moon, the planets, etc. “talk” to them telepathically or give them “signs”.
8. Remote viewing, bilocation, spirit traveling, astral planing, shapeshifting, making oneself “invisible”, glamours, other Shamanistic practices, etc. In the case of remote viewing, and similar, a person has a Vision, or a half/Vision/half/dream-ish telepathic experience. The experience is spiritual, but the person’s spirit or soul does not actually go anywhere, and never leaves their body. The information contained in what they experience is produced by a fallen angel in a Vision state. Again, human beings have no supernatural powers of their own. If in fact the spirit, or Biblically called the “breathe of life” were to leave the body, a human being would die on the spot. That the spirit can leave the body is another popular Bible-contradicting deception of fallen angels, worked through Visions.
9. It is possible for demons to put thoughts in a person’s head. People think in an “internal monologue” voice, which is their own. But, demons can perfectly imitate and mimic this “internal monologue” voice in a person’s head, and make it seem to a person that they themself are coming up with thoughts, that are in fact not their own but are things that demons are “whispering in their ears”, metaphorically speaking (in their “mind”, in fact). Demons can also cause images of thoughts to appear in a person’s mind, which a person may think that they have constructed them self, but have actually not. On a similar note demons can cause a person to have dreams, and causing people to have repetitive dreams of something or someone is a very effective but subtle way they use to encourage people to Sin.
10. Demons can still cause demonization today, showing itself as insanity, people being out of their right mind, paranoia, self-harming behavior, suicidal behavior, self-degrading behavior, and self-isolation. Also they can cause muteness, rigidity, deafness, and physical ailments. Many of the modern symptoms of mental illnesses match these descriptions, such as some cases of depression, psychosis, manic-depressive episodes, delusional thinking, paranoia, etc. Also, symptoms of hallucinations, such as hearing voices in schizophrenia, fit the description of Visions caused by fallen angels. In catatonic schizophrenia there are symptoms of rigidity (catalepsy) and mutism which match the Biblical symptoms of demonization. Some people today with the most serious symptoms of demonization may be tucked away in mental institutions, though many, many more demonized individuals are not, but do seek and want healing. Which isn’t to say that all mental illness is caused by demonization, there are valid physiological reasons for some cases of mental illness, as well as things like situational depression, but still, some cases may be.
11. It is important to note that when Christian people try to hold séances, play “light as a feather stiff as a board”, tell ghost stories, use an ouiji board, tarot cards, a magic 8-ball, look at horoscopes, read occult books, talk to the dead, recite spells, practice magic, etc. they are opening themselves up to have demons put thoughts in their heads that will try to make them lose faith in Jesus and stray from Jesus. They can cause supernatural things to occur that will make them lose belief in Jesus and stray from Jesus. A person can call them self a Christian, or seem to have good intentions, and still do these things (for example the TV show “Crossing Over” is all about helping people, but it in fact hurts them by leading them astray from Jesus).
12. Also “near death” experiences in which people almost die, or do die but are revived, and see a white light at the end of a tunnel, and angels calling to them are also suspect as being Visions caused by fallen angels. “Near-death” experiences that involve a person visiting or seeing Hell are definitely visions caused by fallen angels, as the Lake of Fire is inaccessible today. Despite common misconceptions in both the world at large and the church, people do not presently go to Hell or the Lake of Fire when they die. The souls of all unsaved people are dormant, sleeping, until they are raised for judgment at the Second Resurrection, which has not occurred yet. As such no one goes to Hell or the Lake of Fire yet, so these experiences cannot be of anything really happening, even if some may be a symbolic truth. Also, people cannot experience waking up at the Judgment in the future, and then come back to the present and be revived, as no one will experience waking up at the Judgment until after they are 100% permanently dead.
In the same way it is very suspect if anyone says they have seen Heaven either. All sorts of unbiblical false information sometimes is reported in these experiences, female angels, men-angels with wings, etc. So visions of Heaven are extremely likely to be caused by fallen angels as well. Also, the non-Christian goes to sleep when they die, to await the 2nd Resurrection, and not straight to heaven. Heb 9:27 “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.”
13. A person seeing Jesus in the flesh. Jesus said that everyone would know it when He returned, and that people would falsely claim He had returned, but to not be fooled. It is a one time big event, and Jesus will not be back on Earth again in the flesh until then.
“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him. “For false christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. “Behold, I have told you in advance. “So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.” For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.” Matt 24:23-27
As such anyone who claims to have seen Jesus in the flesh has been deceived with a Vision, like Rev. Sun Moon of the Moonies who claims he met Jesus himself, and surely there are others, even people who say they are Christian, one example being Kenneth Hagin.
Note: But to balance the picture, the Bible teaches there are many gifts of the Holy spirit which a Christian might have. The Bible also says that in the last days God would pour out his spirit on men and women, and the young men would see visions and the old men would dream dreams. And there are many examples in the Bible of God sending dreams, Visions, or working through the Holy Spirit in the many gifts of the Holy Spirit.
But we are encouraged to test the spirits, and Must do so. It is imperative that we test all things like this against scripture, and also pray in the power of the Holy Spirit for discernment. We must not stifle the Holy Spirit, but must also do as we are told to do, and test to see if something is from God or not, by testing it against the Bible. (Also, the Holy Spirit determines what gifts a person receives, and a gift for discernment or tongues, or whatever, is given by the Holy Spirit, and so they cannot be taught by one person to another person.)
Ultimately, God can work in people’s lives as He chooses, but all things must be tested against scripture. According to scripture, we need to exercise caution. We are warned to be on guard against miraculous signs and wonders, so as to deceive even the elect. The showier something is, the more likely it seems to be of Satan. If it doesn’t match scripture, and seems to contradict scripture, then it surely is of Satan. The fruits of supernatural things need to also be examined. Do they edify the church, do they produce love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, or self-control, do they produce sin or confusion?
While the gifts of the Holy Spirit produce good fruit, and lead to true prophecy and true teaching, the Bible also warns of false prophets and false teachers. In the gift of prophecy of the Holy Spirit, a Christian may have true Visions or dreams in true prophecy, with a Holy angel sometimes delivering a message behind the scenes. But fallen angels can cause False Visions and dreams, which leads to False prophets.
Jesus warned of false prophets in Matt 7:15-23 when He said,
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
And so knowing good fruit from bad fruit is essential in testing the spirits against the Bible, to make sure someone is not a false prophet or being deceived, as the Bible says:
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 Jn 4:1
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Mt 24:11
False prophets look like sheep, but are wolves. They appear to be right, even appear to be Christian on an appearance level. But if their teachings and fruits are examined against the Bible, tested against scripture, then they can be identified for the false prophets they are. But it is important to remember, they look like sheep, even seem to be Christians, so you have to be careful.
There have been many “movements” and “revivals” in recent history which seem to arise from personal dreams, Visions, and claim to be of divine revelation, but have led to behavior, beliefs, or teachings which do seem to contradict scripture. For instance, those that claim the Holy Spirit moves with people rolling around on the floor, making animal sounds, uncontrollable sorts of movements or even things that seem like fits… None of which are mentioned as problems even for the rowdiest most immature and disorderly Christians in the Bible when they met together (1 Cor 14), and all-around match the Biblical description of demonization better than anything else.
Besides this, there are also false teachers, which may reference to one and the same as false prophets, or not, but are false teachers who are firmly grounded in heresy.
“But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.” 2 Pet 2:1-3
False teachers have several additional indicators. They exploit people, whether for money or for pleasure. For instance, “prosperity” ministries and teachings, which claim to reveal God wants all Christians to be rich, while the Bible teaches that only some have the gift of giving (Rom 12). Some may also teach full-blown heresy, such as denying essential doctrines of the Christian faith, like the Godhead/Trinity, or that God is eternal, or that Jesus Christ is eternal, or that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.
And there are also “antichrists”. An antichrist is a special type of false prophet, that is defined as an “enemy of Christ”. The term “christ” was used in the Greek version of the Old Testament, the Septuagint, to translate the term “Messiah” from Hebrew into Greek. “Anti” means opposite, opposing, contrary, or against; the enemy of or opposite of. So an antichrist is someone, anyone, who is opposing Jesus Christ, or someone anointed by Satan as a opposite-to-Christ. An antichrist is someone who takes a leader/messianic role against Jesus Christ, and counterfeit to Jesus. Jesus Christ is the true Christ, the true Anointed One, who is God’s only begotten Son. An antichrist opposes Jesus Christ, or tries to takeover the role of Lord and Savior, as a counterfeit who is opposed to the Biblical Jesus Christ. Antichrists are mentioned several times in the New Testament, prior to the one big final Antichrist mentioned in the book of Revelation. There are many smaller antichrists that were around in the early church, and who are still around today.
“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us”. 1 Jn 2:18-19
“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.” 1 Jn 2:22
“And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this [spirit] is of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that he comes, and in the present in the world it is, now.” 1 Jn 4:3
“For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.” 2 Jn 1:7
Antichrists are most pointedly identified in their denying of the Father and the Son, that Jesus Christ was God’s only begotten Son. Or denying that Jesus Christ came in the flesh, which may mean: the humanity of Jesus Christ, who was fully man and also fully God, or that his resurrection body was really his body, or that some part of his body wasn’t that of a normal human (his brain, his blood, whatever). There are many different ways out there that people deny the Biblical Jesus Christ who came in the flesh, but if you understand the truth the Bible teaches, it makes it easier to spot the lies.
Both Christians and non-Christians are at risk from deceptions from demons and fallen angels. Non-Christians are targeted to keep them from salvation, and to encourage them to believe in other belief systems than Christianity. Christians are targeted in an attempt to make them ineffectual as Christians. All of us humans are targeted out of hatred, because fallen angels do absolutely hate us.
All people, even Christians, who do not attribute Satanic activities to Satanic entities are in fact believing both in Christianity and in an undefined second belief structure system. There is no place for ghosts, fairies, etc. and human generated supernatural powers, in Christianity, nor a disbelief in the fallen angels and demons mentioned in the Bible.
Please see the chapter on Spiritual Warfare for more information on what to do to stop these things if you or someone you know is experiencing the things listed above or anything similar.